Cakes are the highlight of any event and more often than not, there are no backups planned. Such a high risk product needs to be handled carefully because they are freshly baked and extremely fragile.
Cakes need to be transported with utmost care in a temperature controlled environment. We have found that a fully air conditioned four wheeler with a trained driver, is the BEST mode of transport for all our cakes.
Delivery Cost = Fixed Fee
Our delivery fee varies based on the delivery distance from our store in HSR Layout
INR 50/- only, for delivery distance upto 3 km
INR 145/- only, for delivery distance greater than 3 km and upto 12 km
INR 295/- only, for delivery distance greater than 12 km and upto 18 km
For eg: If you want us to deliver a cake to your house, which is 5 km away from our store. Then the delivery cost will be INR 145/- only.
Deliveries are made by hand on the date specified in your order. All deliveries are undertaken by Demeter Food Private Limited.
- Please ensure someone is available at the delivery address on the day of your order;
- If there is no-one on hand to receive the cakes we will do our very best to leave them in a safe place (with a neighbour, receptionist, caretaker etc.)
- We cannot keep hold of the cakes for re-delivery and they will be left at the address you have given us.
- If you would like us to deliver to your place of work or somewhere with a mailroom/courier point we are happy to do so but please note that Demeter Food Private Limited cannot accept any liability for the treatment of your order or mishandling once a delivery has been made and the package is signed for.
- All our drivers are instructed in the correct handling of the cakes and will always pass this information onto any mailroom workers but once the cakes are signed for we cannot accept any liability for the subsequent handling of your cakes.
We highly recommend you pick the cakes up from our store. Please bring the confirmation of your order for collecting the cake from our store.
Our cakes come in sturdy boxes suitable for transport but they are fragile and larger sized cakes can be quite heavy. We recommend bringing a friend to help if you're not sure. Once cakes have left our store, we CAN NOT be held liable for any damage that occurs in transit.
THIRD PARTY DELIVERY
We do not recommend using two wheeler delivery services for transporting cakes in Bangalore’s unpredictable traffic, rains and bad roads, due to the risks involved. However if you still choose to get your cake picked up by any third party delivery service;
- Schedule pickups during off-peak hours for minimum transit time.
- Provide the confirmation of your order and order number to the delivery partner before pickup.
Once cakes have left our store, we CAN NOT be held liable for any damage that occurs in transit.